Quality Service the Right Way, the First Time!
Would you like to be a part of one of the area’s most advanced automotive service businesses? Locally-owned and in business since 2000, we offer great opportunities for motivated individuals.
D & R Car Care is a full-service shop and we feel very strongly that our employees are key assets for our organization. Over the last few years, at a time when many businesses were closing their doors, we were in growth mode. Because of this growth, D & R Car Care can offer opportunities for skilled, motivated, and honest employees to share in our success. We know we wouldn’t have this growth if we didn’t employ the very best in the industry!
Please browse the open positions below, and apply online. Or, you can submit your resume directly to: email@example.com.
CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
D & R Car Care is accepting applications for a full-time Certified Automotive Technician to work at our Statesboro, GA location.
The Certified Automotive Technician will diagnose and perform quality auto repair services at maximum production while obtaining objectives in a team environment.
Competitive pay and a great team atmosphere make D & R Car Care one of the best professional work environments in the Statesboro area!
The Certified Automotive Technician is responsible for:
- Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Advisor and/or Service Writers (for customers).
- Coordinating with the Service Advisor to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Writers and/or Service Advisor. (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Writers if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Advisor.
- The Auto Technician is expected to continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay updated with rapidly changing automotive technology and perform work in accordance with specifications.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- The Certified Automotive Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Valid driver’s license and a clear driving record.
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, Motor Vehicle Record report, and a background investigation).
- Formal schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems, or other technical specialized skills. Must be able to provide proof of technical training.
- ASE Certification.
- Completion of at least three years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base/installation or direct support maintenance level. Must be able to provide proof of work experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Drive a manual transmission.
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes), and assorted other distracters.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with D & R Intensive Car Care.
EXPERIENCED LUBE TECH / OIL CHANGE TECH
Be a part of one of the most important teams at D & R Car Care – the service department! As an Experienced Oil Change Technician, you will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions. You will be aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. State-of-the-art equipment and career advancement…it’s all here for an Oil Change Technician at D & R Car Care!
- Perform oil changes and lubrication work.
- Communicate with Service Manager when additional repairs are needed or when repairs cannot be completed within the scheduled time period.
- Work alongside skilled technicians to learn how to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs.
- Must possess at least 1 year of automotive maintenance experience OR automotive technician training.
- Experience can include oil changes, basic maintenance or minor repair work.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work during normal shop hours.
- ASE certification is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping, and bending.
- Exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and or pulling of arm or leg controls, or requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials.
D & R Car Care is accepting applications for a full-time Automotive Service Writer to work at our Statesboro, GA location. The Service Writer sells and schedules needed service work while providing excellent service to our valued customers. Competitive pay and a great team atmosphere make D & R Car Care one of the best professional work environments in the Statesboro area!
- Schedules service appointments.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Inputs customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on the repair order.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Checks on the progress of repair throughout the day.
- Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Explains completed work and all charges to customers.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Prolonged standing is required for this position for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must be available to work 50-55 hours per week.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record within the last 3 years (DUI/DWI)
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Previous work as a service writer is a plus.
- Previous work in an automotive repair business is a plus.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday with shifts between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and occasional Saturdays. D & R Intensive Car Care is an equal opportunity employer.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9.a.m. - 2 p.m.
"Ashleigh and the whole crew do a wonderful job. My husband and I both use them and have never had any issues. They do everything they can to accommodate to you and your vehicle. "
- Staci Cobb
" My daughter, a student at Ga Southern Univ., has had nothing but an incredible experience with D&R Customer Service and the repairs received to date. The "AutoServe1" message notification service is top notch and VERY MUCH APPRECIATED by a father from afar. I will CERTAINLY make recommendation to other parents and look forward to working with you all in the future. You get my top ratings! "
- John Blythe
" As I was traveling through Georgia, D&R was highly recommend when I needed an oil change. D&R staff alerted me to a bulge in one of my tires and saved me from a disaster happening on my trip. The staff was professional and courteous and replaced my tire quickly and efficiently so I could continue my trip, even though they were very busy. Thank you D&R for all you did. "
- Judy Blain
" Ray and Jodi and staff are excellent in customer service! If you have never been there go, you will be glad you did. I especially love the vehicle reports that come with an oil change. "
- Dana Fordham
" Customer service was great. Staff is highly knowledgeable, friendly & they provided excellent service! "
- Devang Shah