Would you like to be a part of one of the area’s most advanced automotive service businesses? Locally-owned and in business since 2000, we offer great opportunities for motivated individuals.
D & R Car Care is a full-service shop and we feel very strongly that our employees are key assets for our organization. Over the last few years, at a time when many businesses were closing their doors, we were in growth mode. Because of this growth, D & R Car Care can offer opportunities for skilled, motivated, and honest employees to share in our success. We know we wouldn’t have this growth if we didn’t employ the very best in the industry!
Experienced Service Technician
D & R Car Care is accepting applications for a full-time Service Technician to work at our Statesboro, GA location. Excellent pay, no weekends, and a great team atmosphere make D & R Car Care one of the best professional work environments in the Statesboro area!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Service Technician at D & R Car Care, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Be able to repair a vehicle in a timely manner using provided information on procedure.
- Must be able to use a digital tablet and be able to look up technical information electronically.
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employee’s handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all times.
- To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness.
- Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill cleanup or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction.
- Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides.
- Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
- Ensure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or lift, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This is a skilled level position. We would prefer ASE certifications but are not required. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.