811 South Main St
Statesboro, GA 30458
Would you like to be a part of one of the area’s most advanced automotive service businesses? Locally-owned and in business since 2000, we offer great opportunities for motivated individuals.
D & R Car Care is a full-service shop and we feel very strongly that our employees are key assets for our organization. Over the last few years, at a time when many businesses were closing their doors, we were in growth mode. Because of this growth, D & R Car Care can offer opportunities for skilled, motivated, and honest employees to share in our success. We know we wouldn’t have this growth if we didn’t employ the very best in the industry!
Please browse the open positions below, and apply online. Or, you can submit your resume directly to: [email protected].
GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
D & R Car Care is accepting applications for a full-time General Service Technician to work at our Statesboro, GA location. Competitive pay and a great team atmosphere make D & R Car Care one of the best professional work environments in the Statesboro area!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a General Service Technician at D & R Car Care, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- All maintenance work such as oil changes, tire rotations, suspension alignments, etc.
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employee’s handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all times.
- To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness.
- Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill clean up or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management.
- Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction. Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides. Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
- Insure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or lift, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This is an entry level position. We would prefer a high school or equivalent diploma, but this is not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
D & R Car Care is accepting applications for a full-time Certified Automotive Technician to work at our Statesboro, GA location.
The Certified Automotive Technician will diagnose and perform quality auto repair services at maximum production while obtaining objectives in a team environment.
Competitive pay and a great team atmosphere make D & R Car Care one of the best professional work environments in the Statesboro area!
The Certified Automotive Technician is responsible for:
- Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with factory standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Advisor and/or Service Writers (for customers).
- Coordinating with the Service Advisor to ensure availability of parts.
- Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Writers and/or Service Advisor. (for customers).
- Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying Service Writers if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Documenting work performed as directed by Service Advisor.
- The Auto Technician is expected to continuously learn new technical information and techniques in order to stay updated with rapidly changing automotive technology and perform work in accordance with specifications.
- Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
- Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
- Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
- The Certified Automotive Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
- Valid driver’s license and a clear driving record.
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, Motor Vehicle Record report, and a background investigation).
- Formal schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems, or other technical specialized skills. Must be able to provide proof of technical training.
- ASE Certification.
- Completion of at least three years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base/installation or direct support maintenance level. Must be able to provide proof of work experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Drive a manual transmission.
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes), and assorted other distracters.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with D & R Intensive Car Care.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am - 6:00 pm|
"Ashleigh and the whole crew do a wonderful job. My husband and I both use them and have never had any issues. They do everything they can to accommodate to you and your vehicle. "
- Staci Cobb
" My daughter, a student at Ga Southern Univ., has had nothing but an incredible experience with D&R Customer Service and the repairs received to date. The "AutoServe1" message notification service is top notch and VERY MUCH APPRECIATED by a father from afar. I will CERTAINLY make recommendation to other parents and look forward to working with you all in the future. You get my top ratings! "
- John Blythe
" As I was traveling through Georgia, D&R was highly recommend when I needed an oil change. D&R staff alerted me to a bulge in one of my tires and saved me from a disaster happening on my trip. The staff was professional and courteous and replaced my tire quickly and efficiently so I could continue my trip, even though they were very busy. Thank you D&R for all you did. "
- Judy Blain
" Ray and Jodi and staff are excellent in customer service! If you have never been there go, you will be glad you did. I especially love the vehicle reports that come with an oil change. "
- Dana Fordham
" Customer service was great. Staff is highly knowledgeable, friendly & they provided excellent service! "
- Devang Shah