Experienced Automotive Technician
D & R Car Care is accepting applications for a full-time experienced Auto Mechanic to work at our Statesboro, Ga location. We are seeking Experienced Automotive Technicians with at least 4 years of professional, on-the-job experience. Excellent pay, no weekends, and a great team atmosphere make D & R Car Care one of the best professional work environments in the Statesboro area.
As a mechanic at D & R Car Care, you can expect to complete at least 40 hours per year of paid training. Techs receive a bonus to their paycheck for each current ASE Certification that they hold.
Productivity is also important. Our team meets for daily morning meetings to carefully manage their time and ensure that services are completed on schedule. This communication keeps our shop as efficient and productivity as possible.
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
As a Service Technician at D & R Car Care, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Be able to repair a vehicle in a timely manner using provided information on the procedure
- Must be able to use a digital tablet and be able to look up technical information electronically
- Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management (i.e., employee’s handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.)
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all times
- Act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness
- Employees must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations. Employees must also comply with all city, county, and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill cleanup, or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Examine vehicles and discuss with the service writer/auto service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction
- Provide recommendations for repair and parts list needed to perform recommended repairs, and hour required to perform all the repairs using industry standard labor guides
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer
- Ensure all under-car, under-hood, and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate
- Raise the vehicle with the hydraulic jack or lifr, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to the underside of the vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
- Able to supply your own tools
- Have a positive attitude, strong customer service skills
- Have a team player mentality
- Be able to maintain a clean and safe work area
- Be able to document and effectively communicate detailed descriptions of diagnostics and repairs
- Be able to diagnose, maintain and repair multiple vehicle systems; including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here for an auto mechanic job are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting pay is $25/Flag Hour (depending upon experience)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEEO guidelines.
We encourage you to research more about who we are before applying. You can find out more information about us by browsing our website and our social media. We are on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter. We look forward to getting to know you and for the possibility of serving with you at D&R Car Care.
You may apply online by clicking the button below, or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.